How It Works
4 Main Categories
First Swing Clinics
Fundraising and Awareness
1 – First Swing Clinics
Our First Swing Program is focused predominantly on school-going children and consists of different levels of ability.
- For severely disabled Juniors who cannot leave the school for sport. SADGA will bring the sport to them by setting up modified golf environments in the schools hall
- For the slightly less severe the sessions take place on school fields and putting greens where possible
- For Juniors that can complete 9 holes of regular golf and/or complete a mashie course
- For golfers who have managed to get a SAGA (SA Golf Association) official golf handicap and will take part in the SA Disabled Golf Open
- For the most talented golfers who have single figure SAGA official golf handicaps and will compete Nationally and Internationally
2 – Provincial Days & Provincial Challenge
Provincial Days are monthly games where the golfers who have reached golf course membership status take part in provincial days which are run monthly in the major centers of SA.
The Provincial teams will be selected for the Provincial Challenge on the January SADGA National Ranking.
3 – SADGA Series
The SADGA Series is a series of World Ranked events played in South Africa earning golfers world ranking points.
4 – Fundraising and Awareness
In order to attract the sponsorships which are the lifeline of our organisation, SADGA have numerous Fundraising and Awareness days throughout the year.